So this fall is full of weddings! And really, lets face it; Christmas parties are just around the corner.
Here are some quick tips for those who may not have the technical skills. Just some tricks I’ve developed over the years.
- Curl your hair the day before : That way, the day of the event, a simple touch up does not take long, and gives extra long lasting hold.
- I tease my hair with dry shampoo before I do my curl touch ups. That way I don’t create a fluffy mess.
- Put extra teasing in the area that you know will have the bobbi pins. Creating a little nest for the pins to grab onto means you can get crazy on the dance floor, without everything falling out.
- I never put hairspray on before I curl. I find it can create fuzziness in the root, and make my curls stick together. First curl, than spray one at a time.
- If bangs are falling in your face, try hairspraying them from underneath instead of on top.
- Hairspray is wet when it comes out of the bottle, so give it time to dry in place if a certain piece is being a stubborn little guy.
- Cross two bobbi pins in an X shape for locking in extra holding power.
- Use shine spray and hairspray at end to control any frizz or fly-a-ways.
My must haves are Pureology Supreme Control Hairspray, Pureology Dry Shampoo and L’Oreal Professionnel Crystal Gloss shine spray.
I HAVE to have these three items for every wedding that I do.
NEVER underestimate the power of hairspray….
Good Luck my friends! Can’t wait to see what you come up with this season!